Saturday, February 22, 2014

Post[card] from the edge [by the other T in TNT]

How lucky I am to be married to a man who is a fastidious planner. Me? I am the one with her head in the clouds, fantasizing about the Italian countryside...

All that said however, I am particular about spaces, places and a certain level of comfort. As we watched another Rick Steves' travel show this afternoon, I wondered if I could stay in a one star hotel and knew I could not stay in a hostel. Perhaps if I was in my twenties it would sound comfortable enough, but today I need more privacy. The more modern hotels that resemble American lodging are not for us. We yearn to be close to the European culture with locals as well as experience the inherent beauty of older buildings with their creaky charm and one-of-a-kind feel.

When I daydream about London and Italy, I imagine being both in- and out-of-doors. I love the excitement of learning and experiencing new things, and I also require down-time to rejuvenate and create the energy to venture back out. I see myself wandering down narrow streets, popping into bakeries and coffee shops, and holding my husband's hand as we feast our eyes upon the breathtaking views. I see us touring historic places, discovering secret spaces, and enjoying delicious foods and drinks. I also picture myself curled up in a comfy chair in a lovely setting, perhaps on an outdoor porch reading or recording the moments we are having during this dream-come-true trip we are on!

I am both a planner and a thinker, but I will always give credit where it is due, and I must express my gratitude to Tim, my favorite and most exacting planning partner without whom I may be a whirling dervish!

Ciao!
Ms. T. J.

No comments:

Post a Comment